HAMILTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Butler County Sheriff said Wednesday they spent Halloween arrested rounding up people who had outstanding drug-related warrants.
According to the Butler County Sheriff’s Office, 14 people were arrested in a county-wide sweep.
“We have planned this for a while,” said Sgt. Jason Owens. “And it was a good day for us. We arrested 14 people during this operation and we have more arrests coming.” The charges, mostly felonies are all related to heroin use or trafficking.
The Sheriff’s Office says they conduct sweeps like this at least twice a year. “Each year, I like to clean house,” said Sheriff Jones. “Heroin is a problem in this community and I am tired of it. The public is tired of it. Hard-working people are tired of it, and this is just one more way to get these criminals off the street,” said the Jones.
According to the Butler County Coroner’s Office, last year there were 189 deaths that were drug related. 149 of those deaths were directly related to heroin.
The 14 people arrested are:
- S’dori Sims – Possession of Drugs
- William Simms – Weapons under disability
- Rochelle VanWinkle – Trafficking
- William Gregory – Trafficking
- Debbie Agee – Soliciting
- Wayne Adkins – Trafficking
- Patrick McCoy – Possession of Chemicals
- Sylvia Windwalker – Trafficking
- Darrell Colwell – Trafficking
- Roberta Turner – Trafficking
- David Gayhart – Trafficking
- Jalen Dent – Trafficking
- Joseph Sketl – Trafficking
- Kalib Stapleton – Trafficking