DAYTON, Ohio – The University of Dayton downed Pioneer Football League foe Valparaiso 37-21 Saturday afternoon at Welcome Stadium. Prior to the game the Flyers honored 22 seniors and their families. With the victory, the Flyers went undefeated at home this season (6-0). The Flyers improve to 7-2 overall and 6-1 in the PFL. The Crusaders drop to 3-7 overall and 2-5 in the PFL.
• Dayton started the scoring with a 29-yard pass play from Alex Jeske to Adam Trautman with 9:28 left to play in the first quarter. It was Trautman’s third TD reception of the season and Jeske’s 13th passing TD.
• The Crusaders evened the score on their next drive on an Austin Petrie one-yard run to culminate an 85-yard drive.
• Jeske ran in a score from five yards out to give Dayton back its lead, 14-7, at 3:24 in the first quarter.
• William Will’s 20-yard field goal pushed the Flyer lead to 17-7. He is a perfect 3-for-3 on field goals, 29 yards or less.
• Jeske rushed 32 yards for his second rushing touchdown of the game to give UD a 24-7 lead at the half.
• UD jumped to a 31-7 lead as Jeske rushed for his third touchdown of the game, this one from seven yards out, for the first score of the second half. He has rushed for 10 TDs this season.
• Redshirt senior Owen Williams scored on a one-yard rush, his first this season to pad the Flyer lead, 37-7 late in the third quarter.
• Freshman running back Cody Boxrucker punched it in from two yards out for the Crusaders. Dayton led 37-14 with 11:27 to play in the game.
• Petrie closed out a 12-play, 74-yard drive on a two-yard rush with 40 seconds left in the game to cut the Flyer lead to 37-21.
• Jeske completed 18-24 passes for 248 yards and one passing touchdown; and also rushed for three TDs, finishing the day with 59 yards rushing.
• Ryan Skibinski led all receivers with 102 yards on five receptions. Tyler Tumpane caught six passes for 48 yards and Tumpane caught two passes for 48 yards.
• Seven different Flyers registered a rush, led by Jared Ruffing who had 84 yards gained on 10 attempts.
• Jack Crain led the Dayton defense with 11 tackles, including six solo. David Leisring had 10 tackles with six solo and an interception. Chris Beaschler registered eight tackles. Christian Searles and Chris Hagan each had five tackles and an interception. Cameron Stubbs also had five tackles.
• The Flyers have won six consecutive games.
• Dayton has won the last 13 meetings vs. Valparaiso and improves to 24-2 all-time vs. the Crusaders.
• UD has outscored opponents 188-87 at home.
• Chris Hagan, David Leisring, and Christian Searles each intercepted a Valpo pass. Prior to this game, the Crusaders were tied for the league-lead (with Dayton and San Diego) for fewest turnovers (10).
• The Flyers have scored in an NCAA-all-division record of 453 straight games.
• Dayton closes out the regular season at Marist Nov. 12 at 1 p.m. ET.