Overheated AC unit leads to fire call at Kettering restaurant

Firefighters investigate reports of a fire at the Panera Bread on Far Hills Avenue in Kettering.

KETTERING, Ohio (WDTN) — Kettering firefighters say a heating and air conditioning system overheated at the Panera Bread on Far Hills Avenue, leading to smoke in the building.

Firefighters and police responded to a call at the restaurant around 8 a.m.. on Monday.

A Kettering fire officials says there was no fire in the building. The Kettering Fire Department brought a ladder truck as a precautionary measure.

The restaurant was shut down during the fire investigation, but was expected to reopen later on Monday morning

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s