DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Demand for downtown living is booming and developers are cashing in.
Several new housing development projects are underway.
The Downtown Dayton Partnership president, Sandy Gudorf says the demand is there.
“Over the next 18 months or so we have another 440 new housing units in the greater Dayton area going up and that’s a combination of condos and rental properties. So, that’s really good news for us,” she said.
Here’s a list of what’s planned:
- The Flats at South Park, 20 new upscale units are expected to be built. The development on Warren St. near Brown St. is in the early stages, but developers hope to begin construction early next year.
- The Delco Lofts will transform the old Delco building at 329 E. First St. into 132 residential units. View floors plans, by clicking here
- A half-acre at Patterson Blvd. and Fourth St. will be transformed into 14 new townhomes. Charles Simms Development bought the land from the Dayton Metro Library. It will include a rooftop deck and two-car garages.
- The same developer is adding more green space to the Monument Walk on Monument St. It will feature 16 luxury three-bedroom units.
- The Centre City Building at 40 S. Main St. will be renovated into 166 apartments.Construction hasn’t yet started.
- The Wuestoff & Getz Building at 210 Wayne Ave. will include 40 new apartments. Construction has started.