(WXIA) Newly released body camera footage shows first responders working quickly to save a man trapped in a burning Georgia home.
The Coweta Fire Department, Sheriff’s Office, and Grantville Police Department rushed to the scene of the fire in Grantville Thursday morning.
Upon entering the side door of the house, deputies, along with the Coweta Fire Department, were hit with heavy smoke. They soon heard a man screaming for help.
They soon learned that the man, later identified as Dennis Wayne Renshaw, was wheelchair bound.
Firefighters began dragging him through the kitchen, out the back door and onto a wheel chair ramp.
The 70-year-old man had burns to both of his arms.
Read more: http://on.11alive.com/2gaO9ze