NORTH POLE (WDTN) – The U.S. Postal Service wants to help you reply to your child’s Santa letter, complete with a North Pole postmark.
Here’s what you can do so your kiddo can get a letter back from Santa:
- Have your little one write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole
- Later (when alone), open the envelope and write a personalized response
- Insert the response letter into an envelope and address it to your child
- Add the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE, to the envelope
- Affix a First-Class Mail stamp to the envelope
- Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope – preferably a Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope – with appropriate postage and address it to:
North Pole Postmark
4141 Postmark Drive
Anchorage, AK 99530-9998
Here are some tips from the U.S. Postal Service:
- To save paper, write Santa’s response on the back of your child’s letter. If you keep them together, your child will also be able to recall what he or she wrote.
- When responding as Santa, make the response as personal as possible by highlighting your child’s accomplishments over the past year, for example, helping around the house, receiving good grades in a particular subject at school or participating in community service activities.
- This is a great activity to do at Thanksgiving that the whole family can enjoy, including parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and other caregivers.
All “Letters from Santa” must be RECEIVED by December 15.
Share your experience on social media by using the hashtag #LettersFromSanta.