SANDUSKY, Ohio (WKBN) – It’s a frightening video that’s gone viral on Facebook Live – two men apparently overdosing on drugs at a fast food parking lot in Sandusky, Ohio.
Reporter Blair Caldwell with CNN affiliate WTOL spoke with the person who recorded that video.
Eddie Wimbley came to the McDonald’s in Sandusky last week in hopes of getting dinner for his son, but what he encountered was much different. He found two men passed out on the ground.
“When I pulled up, I actually tried to like to wake the guy up on the ground first. He wasn’t moving and wasn’t responsive or anything,” Wimbley said. “I touched his face and it was cold and his hands were turning pale.”
Wimbley and two other bystanders took action, one calling police and the other administering medical aid.
Wimbley thought the two men were joking at first. He said he started recording because he didn’t know what would happen. What he didn’t know was that the two men had overdosed on drugs.
“It’s just hard seeing that. I’ve never seen anybody passed out or on drugs,” Wimbley said.
Since the incident, several have reached out to him, including one of the men’s families to say thank you.
While this isn’t Wimbley’s first time helping someone, his mother says this is just another reason she is proud of her son.
“He showed me and it was just devastating. I just told him he’s just an angel how he saved two lives,” said Sheryl Seavers, Wimbley’s mother.
Wimbley gives credit to a woman who jumped into action to help also and says he hopes this video will help the community work towards a solution.
The two men who apparently overdosed were taken to a local hospital where they recovered.