Dayton fire sends 1 to hospital

Dayton crews respond to house fire (WDTN Photo)


DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A man was sent to the hospital after a fire broke out in a Dayton home Saturday evening.

Heavy smoke and flames surround Dayton home after fire breaks out (WDTN Photo)
Heavy smoke and flames surround Dayton home after fire breaks out (WDTN Photo)

It happened near the corner of W. Grand Ave. and Rosedale Dr. around 6:20 p.m.

Officials say it happened due to a propane heater malfunction. They also say the man tried to take it outside, but that may have caused the fire to spread.

The man’s identity and condition have not been released.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s