Man and his dog escape house fire in Trotwood

TROTWOOD, Ohio (WDTN) -A man and his dog escape a house fire in Trotwood.

Crews were called to 5813 Lorimer Street around 1:15 p.m. Sunday on reports of a home fully involved.

When they arrived, they found the homeowner and his dog already outside.

The fire was contained to the back bedroom of the house.

Authorities say an overloaded circuit was the cause.

The Red Cross is helping the homeowner find a place to stay. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s