DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The NCAA First Four brings in tens of thousands to the Miami Valley to watch the beginning of the March Madness.
The Big Hoopla has put together a list of frequently asked questions for those that might be attending.
What is the schedule for this year’s Tournament?
The 2017 Tournament will begin in Dayton, Ohio on Tuesday, March 14. For a complete schedule, visit ncaa.com and select Men’s Basketball.
What time do the doors open for each game?
In general, the doors open at UD Arena open sixty (60) minutes prior to the first game of each session. If there are two sessions, the doors for second session will open approximately one-hour prior. The arena is cleared between each session of games (each session consists of two games).
Is there an ATM onsite?
Yes. There is one ATM (PNC Bank) located inside UD Arena in the southwest corner of the concourse behind Section 204 next to the “Administrative Offices”.
What forms of payment does the concession stand accept?
The UD Arena concession stands accept cash, credit and debit cards. No personal checks.
Can I leave my car overnight at the arena?
No overnight parking will be allowed on any UD Arena parking lot.
How much does it cost to park at UD Arena for the Tournament?
During the tournament, all parking lots are either pass only ($10.00 each night or $15.00 for a 2-night pass) or cash only ($10). To secure a spot in these lots, you must do so on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact the University of Dayton ProSource Ticket Office for a list of all available locations around UD Arena.
How do I purchase tickets?
For all available ticket-purchasing options, please visit NCAA Tickets, which will send you to the tournament ticket site.
What can I bring into UD Arena?
The following items are not permitted into UD Arena:
- Bags and Backpacks, except for purses and diaper bags
- Bottles or cans or beverage containers of any time
- Large umbrellas
- Laser pointers
- Noise making devices of any kind (i.e. bells, whistles, horns, etc.)
- Illegal drugs and alcohol
- Weapons of any kind, including lawfully concealed firearms
- Commercial signs or banners without the prior approval of UD Arena
- Any item deemed to challenge public safety
- Cameras ARE permitted for still photography and video for personal use, but lens length must be no longer than approximately one inch, and no additional detachable lenses or tri-pods will be permitted.
What is the address for the arena (to assist with mapping and finding a hotel)?
The University of Dayton Arena is located at 1801 Edwin C. Moses Blvd. Dayton, Ohio 45417 (Exit #51 off Interstate 75).
What is the website for the University of Dayton Arena?
For all information about UD Arena, please click UD Arena Guest Guide.
Where can I find a layout of the arena?
To see an online version of seating charts please visit UD Arena Seating Chart.