Cigar sparks mattress fire in Dayton apartment

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Two people make it out safely after an apartment fire in Dayton.

Firefighters were called to the 400 block Ryburn Avenue just after 12:30 p.m. Sunday on reports of a working fire..

They arrived to find flames coming from the bedroom in an upstairs unit. Crews were able to knock the fire down quickly.

Authorities say it started from a cigar on a mattress.

No one else was hurt. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s