Death of teen who overdosed on drugs ruled accidental

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) –  The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office said Monday the death of 13-year-old who overdosed on heroin while at his father’s place of employment has been ruled accidental.

The death certificate reads “Anoxic brain injury due to suspected drug intoxication,” according to the Coroner’s Office. The toxin has not been identified.

Nathan Wylie died at Dayton Children’s Hospital.

READ MORE: Teen who overdosed on heroin dies, father in jail

According to a police report on the March 28 incident, the father and another man brought the teenager to a fire station on South Broadway Tuesday night. The boy was unconscious when they arrived.

READ MORE: 13-year-old overdoses on heroin in Dayton, father arrested

Medics believed the boy was suffering from a heroin overdose. They administered the overdose antidote Narcan and took him to Miami Valley Hospital. He was later transferred to Dayton Children’s Hospital.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s