Fire officials: electrical issue causes attic fire in Dayton house

House fire on Oxford Avenue in Dayton.

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — The Red Cross was called to help several people displaced after a house fire in Dayton.

Firefighters were called to the 200 block of Oxford Avenue around 2:15 a.m. on Friday on a report of an attic fire.

When crews arrived, they found celluloid insulation on fire in the attic of a two-unit house.

Fire officials say people living in one of the units reported having electrical issues during the day.

Those issues continued into the early morning hours, before people living in the house called 911 to report the fire.

Everyone got out safely. DP&L shut off power to the house, allowing firefighters to contain the fire.

The eight people living in the two-unit house were displaced because the power was shut off. The Red Cross is assisting those people.

Fire officials say the house suffered $2,000-$2,500 in damages.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s