Narcan to the Rescue After Dog Ingests Oxycodone

 

A sheriff’s deputy used Narcan to revive a woman’s beloved pet after the dog ate her legally prescribed pain medication.

York County Sheriff William King said a woman flagged down Sgt. David Chauvette Thursday morning, fearful her dog Addie had “overdosed” on Oxycodone, NBC affiliate WCSH reported.

According to the state’s Attorney General’s office, this is the first time Narcan has been used on a dog. It was also Sgt. Chauvette’s first time administering the drug.

The owner told authorities Thursday night Addie seems fine. She told them she feels grateful the sheriff’s office sergeant was carrying the life-saving drug.

 

Photo Credit: WCSH-TV

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s