Officials: smoking likely caused early morning fire

Officials say careless smoking started a bedroom fire early Tuesday morning. (Bear Everett/WDTN)
Officials say careless smoking started a bedroom fire early Tuesday morning. (Bear Everett/WDTN)

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Firefighters say careless smoking likely caused a fire early Tuesday morning in Dayton.

Crews were called to the 4100 block of East Third Street near Cherrywood Avenue around 1:30 A.M. Tuesday.

Investigators say carelessly discarded smoking materials sparked the flames.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the bedroom, and everyone inside made it out safely.

The Red Cross is assisting the residents find a place to stay.

Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for all the latest news, weather and sports.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s