ST. LOUIS – Josh Cunningham recorded 16 points and five rebounds, but it wasn’t enough in a 75-65 loss to the Saint Louis Billikens. Dayton drops to 10-11 overall and 4-5 in the Atlantic 10.
Jalen Crutcher and Jordan Davis each scored 11 points, Darrell Davis added 10 points and Trey Landers tallied nine points and nine rebounds.
Dayton trailed 36-30 at the half. The Flyers shot 50 percent from the floor, but Saint Louis was 5 for 8 from beyond the arc and hit 11 free throws.
- Crutcher led UD with 11 first half points.
- Dayton battled foul trouble with Kostas Antetokounmpo picking up three, Trey Landers and Josh Cunningham each with two.
- The Flyers also had eight first half turnovers.
- Dayton roared out to a 6-0 run to tie the contest at 36-36 two minutes into the second half.
- Saint Louis pulled away late in the second half with an 11-0 run to take a 65-55 lead with five minutes to play.
- The Flyers cut the deficit to 65-58 with 3:07 left, but the Billikens would hold off the rally for the victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Saint Louis came into the contest shooting 30 percent from three-point range. The Billikens were 9 of 18 (50 percent) from beyond the arc against the Flyers.
- The loss snaps Dayton’s seven-game winning streak against the Billikens.
- Dayton is 9-1 this year when scoring 71 or more points, 1-10 when scoring 70 or fewer.
- UD is also 0-11 when trailing with five minutes left in regulation.
- Cunningham and Darrell Davis have each scored in double figures in 10 straight games.
- Dayton shot 46 percent from the floor, but committed 15 turnovers compared to five by Saint Louis.
- The Flyers close the two-game road swing against the Massachusetts Minutemen on Saturday, Feb. 3 at 2 p.m. ET.