Faulty wiring to blame for Brookville house fire

BROOKVILLE, Ohio (WDTN) – Fire officials believe faulty wiring may be to blame for a house fire in Brookville.

According to regional dispatch, firefighters were called to the home on National Road near Wolf Creek National Trail just before 2:00 p.m. Sunday after a passerby called 911 after seeing smoke coming from the second story of the structure.

Brookville’s Fire Chief says electrical wiring set insulation in the attic on fire. Crews were able to knock it down pretty quickly.

Two women inside were able to get out safely.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s