Catherine Ross joined the 2 News team in June 2017 as a multimedia journalist. She comes to WDTN-TV after working as a reporter in Fargo, North Dakota at WDAY-TV. There she covered everything from the brutal Fargo winters to an Honor Flight for local veterans and earned a regional broadcast award for breaking news coverage of a shooting at a Walmart.
Catherine graduated from Emerson College in Boston with a degree in broadcast journalism and a minor in American Sign Language. She had a front row seat to the 2012 election cycle as a political correspondent for Emerson’s student-run news organization WEBN, reporting at the Iowa Caucuses, Republican National Convention, election night in Boston and President Obama’s second inauguration.
Previously, Catherine interned at FOX 9 in Minneapolis and Voice of America in Washington, D.C. At VOA she helped compile mobile daily news reports for audiences in Africa, the U.S. and around the world.
She was born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota but is no stranger to Ohio. Both of her parents grew up in the state and Catherine is excited to be closer to extended family in Cincinnati and Cleveland. She’s honored to be working for viewers in the Miami Valley and can’t wait to explore her new home!
- Birthday: November 30th
- Hometown: Minneapolis, MN
- Top Five Interests: Spending time with family and friends, running, traveling, going to MLB games (go Twins!), watching documentaries
- Favorite Music: Country, Hip Hop, oldies- a little bit of everything!
- Favorite Movie: The Sandlot
- Favorite Show: The Office, Orange is the Black
- Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice, Gone Girl
- Hero: My parents – it doesn’t get more supportive than those two!
- One person I’d like to have dinner with: Abraham Lincoln