Dana Smith comes to Dayton from the islands of the Bahamas where she’s originally from. She began her journalism career as a newspaper reporter for the number one newspaper in the Bahamas, The Tribune, before making the transition to TV news as an anchor and reporter for Bahamian cable news station, OUR News.
However, she’s no stranger to Ohio having earned a BA in Communications from Tiffin University in Tiffin, Ohio. She also has close family in Cleveland, Ohio whom she visits frequently – so although she loves the beach, she’s also familiar with Ohio snow!
She joined the 2 NEWS Team in March 2017 as a Multi-Media Journalist (MMJ).
When she’s not working or searching for a pen, she is listening to music on her iPod, or reading fiction novels and online news articles.
- Birthday: May 24
- Hometown: Nassau, Bahamas
- Top Five Interests: Reading, music, and spending time with family and friends.
- Favorite Movies: Orlando, Pope Joan, and Lila & Eve are a few of my favs!
- Favorite TV Show: First 48, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Jessica Jones, and anything on HGTV.
- Favorite Music: Mostly pop and R&B, à la Rihanna and Christina Aguilera.
- Favorite Book: Too hard to choose! But I love classic literature and modern fiction.
- Hero: Anyone who’s ever stood up for what’s right, even when it’s hard.
- One person I’d love to have dinner with: A tie between Neil deGrasse Tyson and J K Rowling!
Fill out the form below to send a message to Dana.