Holly Samuels co-anchors 2 NEWS Today on WDTN. She joined the team in 2008 and served as weekend anchor from 2010 to 2012.
Prior to coming to 2 NEWS, she was a reporter at KVRR in Fargo, ND where she extensively covered the Alfonso Rodriguez death penalty trial in federal court.
Holly earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Telecommunications from Ball State University’s Honors College. While in college, she reported for “Newslink Indiana,” which aired on WIPB-TV in Muncie, Indiana and interned at WANE-TV in Ft. Wayne. Holly served as News Anchor for the “Best Newscast” awarded by the Indiana Association of School Broadcasters in 2005 and earned a First Place “Best Broadcast Writing” award from the Ohio Associated Press in 2011 for a story she wrote on the Austin Boulevard intersection.
When she’s not at work, Holly roots on the Indianapolis Colts and spends time with her husband and daughter.
- Birthday: September 26
- Hometown: Columbia City, IN
- Top Five Interests: Cooking, history, reading, spending time with my husband and family
- Favorite music: Indie Rock/Folk, Alternative Rock
- Favorite movie: Tommy Boy – it always seems to make me laugh, no matter what kind of day I’ve had!
- Favorite show: The Office
- Favorite Books: Harry Potter, The Hunger Games
- Hero: My mom. She always has time for me.
- One person I’d like to have dinner with: My grandparents and my uncle, all of whom have passed away. I’d love to hear their stories again as an adult. I think they would mean more to me now.