Lauren is the morning co-anchor on 2NEWS Today alongside John Seibel and Jamie Jarosik.
She came to Dayton from Youngstown, Ohio in September of 2017. Lauren has worked in several parts of the state, but feels right at home here in the Miami Valley. Her grandmother was born and raised here, and she has many cousins in the area. She spent a lot of time here visiting family while she was growing up, and later visiting her sister, who attended Wright State. Lauren is originally from Gallia County, Ohio… just down US Route 35.
Lauren most recently worked as a morning anchor at WDTN’s sister station in Youngstown, WKBN. Prior to that, she was a reporter and anchor at WSAZ in Huntington/Charleston, West Virginia. She got her start in news as a producer at another 2NEWS sister station, WCMH in Columbus. She is a graduate of Ohio State University’s school of journalism.
Lauren married her high school sweetheart, Nathan, in 2013. They recently adopted a large and lovable rescue dog, Winston. You can see lots of pictures of him over on her Facebook page.
When she’s not working, she and her husband enjoy food (both cooking and trying out new restaurants!), travel, exploring the outdoors, volunteering, and being involved in their church.
- Birthday: February 15th
- Hometown: Cheshire, Ohio
- Top five interests: Bible study, food, travel, spending time with family, and her dog Winston
- Favorite TV show: The Wonder Years
- Favorite music: Genre is mellow classic rock… artist is Jackson Browne
- Favorite book: Anything by CS Lewis
- Hero: My Dad… he was the smartest guy I’ve ever known, and I miss his advice and wit more than I could’ve ever imagined.
- One person I’d love to have dinner with: Elisabeth Elliot