Neil began his broadcasting career in public radio as a news and sports reporter for WVXU-FM in Cincinnati. He also served as a news reporter and producer at WGEM-TV, the NBC affiliate in Quincy, Ill. and as Sports Anchor and Reporter for WHIO-TV in Dayton, Ohio. Neil credits his coverage of the 1989 National Football League’s Super Bowl between the Cincinnati Bengals and San Francisco 49’ers as one of his most memorable sporting events; others include Pete Rose’s record breaking hit at Riverfront Stadium in 1985 and the 1988 Major League Baseball All-Star game in Cincinnati.
“Hutch” is a member of the Ohio Valley Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. He received a regional Emmy for Sports Feature in 2006. He enjoys golf, softball, tennis, and watching ESPN. Neil resides in Centerville, Ohio.
- Birthday: November 9
- Hometown: Cincinnati
- Top Five Interests: Baseball, Football, Basketball, Golf, Politics
- Favorite Music: Rock/Country
- Favorite TV Show: Sunday Night Football
- Favorite Book: Tuesdays with Morrie
- Hero: My Dad
- Person would like dinner with: Tiger Woods and Abraham Lincoln